Universal Careers - Opening
Universal Realty Group is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting the standards of excellence in residential accommodation and commercial leasing. We are currently seeking a qualified Painter for one of our residential properties in Dartmouth, NS.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Clean and make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools, and apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
Your qualifications include:
- Proven working experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- Familiarity with Occupational Health & Safety and WHIMIS
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Universal Realty Group recognizes our employees as an essential resource and value workers of all ages. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, medical benefits, and incentives. To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume to:
Residential Property Manager
email@example.com or via Fax: 902-429-9952
Back to Careers landing page.