Universal Careers - Opening
We have an excellent career opportunity as Systems Administrator responsible for technical, operational and management support of IT systems for both Universal Realty Group and the Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites.
About Universal Realty Group & Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
Universal Realty Group is a leader in the development and management of commercial and residential real estate with a reputation for building excellence in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our portfolio consists of over 2,300 apartments and a million and a half square feet of commercial space.
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites is a locally-owned landmark hotel, located in downtown Halifax. Offering 262 guest rooms and over 12,500 square feet of event space. If you are a meticulous and creative individual with superior communication skills, we want to hear from you.
- Maintain, update, troubleshoot multiple property management / control systems
- Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade existing server and software infrastructure
- Manage and administer Domain environments with terminal servers, Exchange / Office 365
- Complete routine IT department tasks (back-ups, software updates, network monitoring)
- Manage / Troubleshoot hotel rate, available, and reservation sync systems will all major OTA providers
- Research, test, deploy new systems / services throughout the company based on identified needs and requirements
- Manage all IT related projects
- Work with hardware / software vendors to resolve issues, and customize software to work best for the business
- Complete technical training for staff ranging from general outlook / excel training to advanced property management system training
- Ordering / procurement of Desktops, servers, printers, networking equipment, software for replacement or expansion based on business needs
- Provide IT support, general IT maintenance and/or emergency call out outside of standard working hours as and when necessitated by the needs of the business
- Maintain a prioritized and organized task list
- Travel in the HRM to various sites to support off site employees.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as commensurate with the nature of the post as detailed in the departmental quality documents
- University Degree in Computer Science or a two-year diploma in Geographic Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- A combination of relevant education and three-years experience in Information Technology will be considered.
- Minimum two-years experience in systems administration
- Vast understanding and experience in technical troubleshooting
- Technical certifications, or project management certifications considered an asset
Technical/Job Specific Knowledge:
- Solid understanding of project planning / management, time management, and data management concepts
- Knowledge of practices related to the implementation of business solutions
- Experience with Microsoft products required: Terminal Services, Active Directory, Exchange server, SQL server, Office 365, Office product suite, Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Networking equipment, Firewalls, Servers, Switches, Wireless Networking Components required
- Experience with Apple products required: MacOS, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Experience with the following items an asset:
- Agilysys VisualOne
- Yardi Systems Voyager
WORK STATUS: Permanent full-time
To apply: Email your cover letter and resume to: Lesa@lordnelsonhotel.com
Back to Careers landing page.