Universal Realty Group is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting the standards of excellence in residential accommodation and commercial leasing. We are currently seeking a qualified, Commercial Property Manager for one of our commercial portfolios.
- Managing all aspects of the operation of a portfolio of multi-unit commercial properties;
- Overseeing staff to ensure properties are well maintained and ensuring all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Working with staff to ensure vacant spaces are leased, according to leasing procedures;
- Assisting in the development of budgets and completing financial reporting;
- Providing support to and supervising staff associated with the portfolio including conducting annual performance reviews.
- Vendor contract negotiation and scheduling
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Property Manager
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and contribute to a rapidly growing organization;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Mechanical building systems (HVAC, heating, sprinklers, etc)
- Familiarity with building envelopes (roofs, windows, concrete and brick walls, etc)
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting;
- Effective, proven leadership skills with previous supervisory experience;
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently;
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience with Yardi property management software is an asset.
Universal Realty Group recognizes our employees as our most important asset and values workers of all ages and backgrounds. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, as well as employer provided medical benefits and other incentives. We are looking for new talent to join our dynamic team that is setting the standard of excellence in the property management field.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to:
Rob Schelleman – Commercial Property Manager
email@example.com or fax: (902) 429-9952
No phone calls please