Universal Realty Group is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting the standards of excellence in residential accommodation and commercial leasing. We are currently seeking a qualified Human Resource Manager for our corporate office in Halifax, NS.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for areas of recruiting, employee relations, benefits, events, Workers Compensation in addition to short and long-term planning of all HR related functions such as workforce planning, recruitment, staffing strategies, wage and salary administration, associate and labour relations, benefits, specialized training and development.
HR Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are adhered to and continually improved.
• To assist in all activities concerning the sourcing & recruitment of staff, performance management, staff discipline and HR administration.
• Assist in recruitment and hiring of all employee.
• Assists other department heads / HOD's in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments.
• Assists in developing and conducting management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
• Oversee Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
• Provide guidance to the leadership team regarding employee morale, employee relations, coaching, counselling and discipline.
• Maintain a positive relationship with staff representatives and ensure any employee grievances are monitored and resolved.
• Develops and maintains confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and/or other important databases.
Proven knowledge and expertise of employee relations, benefits, wages and salaries, training, accident prevention, government regulations and policies.
An analytic approach to reporting plus written communication skills required with an understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Universal Realty Group recognizes our employees as our most important asset and values workers of all ages and backgrounds. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, as well as employer provided medical benefits and other incentives. We are looking for new talent to join our dynamic team that is setting the standard of excellence in the property management field.
Janet Glazebrook, Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org , or fax (902) 429-9952
No phone calls please