Universal Realty Group is a Halifax-based leader in the development and management of commercial and multi-unit residential real estate.
Our team consists of over 300 individuals responsible forbuilding and serving excellence for an extensive portfolio of properties including over 2,250 residential units, more than 1.4 million square feet of office and retail space and the 262-room landmark—Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites.
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager with a minimum of 3-years of experience within the service industry to oversee employee relations for both our property management and hospitality teams.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for areas of recruiting, employee relations, benefits, events,Workers Compensation in addition to short and long-term planning of all HR related functions such as workforce planning, recruitment, staffing strategies, wage and salary administration, associate and labour relations, benefits, specialized training and development.
HR Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are adhered to and continually improved.
- To assist in all activities concerning the sourcing & recruitment of staff, performance management, staff discipline and HR administration.
- To coordinate and / or conduct departmental training and conduct new hire hotel orientation program.
- Continually assesses employee morale by analysing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
- Coordinate employee Health and safety programs.
- Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and materials.
- Encourages a good standard of employee conduct and behavior and coordinates disciplinary procedure as and when necessary.
- Ensures appraisals are carried out for every employee every 12 months or as per hotel and corporates management policy, and also reviews all appraisals and follows up on development needs, if required.
- Assist in communication of key messages to all staff.
- Assist in recruitment and hiring of all employee.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations.
- Assists other department heads / HOD's in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments.
- Assists in developing and conducting management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
- Oversee Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing employee activities and events, including monthly staff meeting, holiday party, monthly staff lunches
- assists in the administration of the Hotel's social and staff benefit programs Eg: Employee of the Month, Leader of the Month, and other staff incentives.
- Provide guidance to the leadership team regarding employee morale, employee relations, coaching, counselling and discipline.
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff representatives and ensure any employee grievances are monitored and resolved.
- Develops and maintains confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and/or other important databases.
Proven knowledge and expertise of employee relations, benefits, wages and salaries, training, accident prevention, government regulations and policies.
An analytic approach to reporting plus written communication skills required with an understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Universal Realty Group recognizes employees as an essential resource and value workers of all ages. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, medical benefits, and incentives.
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Lesa Griffin, General Manager
Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
Fax 902 429 9952