Universal Realty Group is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting the standards of excellence in residential accommodation, development and commercial leasing. The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites is a locally-owned landmark hotel, located in downtown Halifax. Offering 262 guest rooms and over 12,500 square feet of event space. We are currently seeking a qualified, IT Manager for our head office.
We have an excellent career opportunity as Systems Administrator responsible for technical, operational and management support of IT systems for both Universal Realty Group and the Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites.
If you are a meticulous and creative individual with superior communication skills, we want to hear from you.
- Maintain, update, troubleshoot multiple property management / control systems
- Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade existing server and software infrastructure
- Manage and administer Domain environments with terminal servers, Exchange / Office 365
- Complete routine IT department tasks (back-ups, software updates, network monitoring)
- Manage / Troubleshoot hotel rate, available, and reservation sync systems will all major OTA providers
- Research, test, deploy new systems / services throughout the company based on identified needs and requirements
- Manage all IT related projects
- Work with hardware / software vendors to resolve issues, and customize software to work best for the business
- Complete technical training for staff ranging from general outlook / excel training to advanced property management system training
- Ordering / procurement of Desktops, servers, printers, networking equipment, software for replacement or expansion based on business needs
- Provide IT support, general IT maintenance and/or emergency call out outside of standard working hours as and when necessitated by the needs of the business
- Travel in the HRM to various sites to support off site employees.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as commensurate with the nature of the post as detailed in the departmental quality documents
- University Degree in Computer Science or a two-year diploma in Geographic Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- A combination of relevant education and three-years experience in Information Technology will be considered.
- Minimum two-years experience in systems administration
- Vast understanding and experience in technical troubleshooting
- Technical certifications, or project management certifications considered an asset
Technical/Job Specific Knowledge:
- Solid understanding of project planning / management, time management, and data management concepts
- Experience with Microsoft products required: Terminal Services, Active Directory, Exchange server, SQL server, Office 365, Office product suite, Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with Networking equipment, Firewalls, Servers, Switches, Wireless Networking Components required
- Experience with Apple products required: MacOS, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Experience with Yardi Systems Voyager considered an asset
Universal Realty Group & The Lord Nelson Hotel recognizes our employees as our most important asset and values workers of all ages and backgrounds. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, as well as employer provided medical benefits and other incentives. We are looking for new talent to join our dynamic team that is setting the standard of excellence in the property management and hospitality field.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to:
Lesa Griffin – General Manager, Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
No phone calls please