* Couple Preferred
• Provide responsive, professional customer service to all tenants of the facilities.
• Supervise and coordinate tenant move-in and move-out.
• Schedule elevator holds for move-in and move-out.
• Provide directions and guidance to tenants.
• Preparation of units for new tenants, including cleaning and repairs.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts as need on windows, doors, switches, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets etc.
• Contact appropriate maintenance service provider for repairs as required.
• Monitor HVAC systems, boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, cooling towers, generator etc. and maintain logs for these systems.
• Conduct monthly fire inspections, maintain minor components of the fire safety systems and maintain fire safety logs.
• Perform regular property inspections of units, common areas including lobbies and parking facilities, building exteriors, and landscaping in coordination with the Property Manager.
• Communicate any potential hazards or damages in a proactive manner. Report any and all maintenance concerns in a timely manner.
• Maintain the sidewalks and the buildings points of exit and entry to be clear of snow and ice.
• Perform general clean-up of all facilities. Keep common areas clean at all times.
• Sweep, mop, vacuum and shampoo carpeted areas, perform all cleaning aspects of halls, office, restrooms as well as washing walls, windows and window coverings on an as needed basis.
• Responsible to rotate large waste bins when full and place outside for scheduled pick-ups.
• Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair within skill level.
• Responsible for proper inventory of materials and supplies.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Completion of high school diploma.
• Post-secondary education in a skilled trade such as electrical or plumbing would be considered an asset.
• A minimum 2-3 years related experience in a maintenance or superintendent role, including diagnosing and making adjustments to various problems related to water, lighting, HVAC and other systems.
• Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build nurturing relationships.
• Ability to perform repairs such as drywall patching, painting and replacing trim.
• Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and have strong organization skills and time management.
• Ability to cope with high intensity and stressful environments.
• Must provide his/her own tools.
• Strong attention to detail.
PHYSICAL/SENSORY EFFORT/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Providing service to several people, working under many simultaneous deadlines.
• Lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Fluctuation in hours of work.
• Shift work.
• Required to work on alternate weekends with days off during the week.
• On-call rotation as required.
Company paid 1-2 bedroom apartment and utilities (power, cable and internet).
Company paid extended health and dental plan for employee and family. No deduction.
Paid sick days.
2 weeks vacation.
Paid time off in lieu days for working on Weekends/holidays.
Extended health care
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to:
Savita Dawe- Human Resources Manager
No phone calls please