Universal Realty Group is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting the standards of excellence in residential accommodation, development and commercial leasing. We are currently seeking a qualified Maintenance Person for our residential portfolio.
The successful individual should be able to perform a wide variety of basic maintenance and repair tasks. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of Three (3) years of previous maintenance experience, preferably working for either a property management company or an apartment/condo community.
General duties include but are not limited to: painting, light carpentry, light electrical, light plumbing, sheetrock/plaster repairs, window repairs, basic masonry, locks and doors, cleaning, snow removal, landscaping, and various other manual labor (including moving heavy furniture and materials).
Your responsibilities will include:
- The ability to diagnose or repair maintenance issues and propose solution options to management;
- Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible
- Assess and repair issues including electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and interiors
- Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Respond to on-call emergencies
- Stay current on all applicable building codes and safety standards
- Patch and paint vacant suites;
- Install doors to the rooms, install handles or hinges;
- Replace or repair bi-fold or sliding closet doors;
- Replace or repair leaking taps or faucets;
- Replace or repair leaking toilet;
- Replace light fixtures on the bathroom, kitchen or hallways;
- Replace or repair screens for the patio screen doors;
- Install or repair kitchen cabinet doors, handles or hinges
- Removal of the garbage from the vacant units if required;
- Changing the garbage disposals in the recycling rooms;
- Be capable of using electric auger, power washer, leaf blower, power tools and ladders.
- Proven experience in maintenance
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
Universal Realty Group recognizes our employees as our most important asset and values workers of all ages and backgrounds. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, as well as employer provided medical benefits and other incentives. We are looking for new talent to join our dynamic team that is setting the standard of excellence in the property management field.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to:
Elissa Jestings – Human Resource Manager
Ejestings@universalgroup.ca or fax: (902) 429-9952
No phone calls please