Universal Realty Group is a leader in the development and management of commercial and residential real estate with a reputation for building excellence in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Our property management expertise and customer care ensures that our tenants enjoy metro's best places to live and work within it. Our portfolio consists of over 2,300 apartments and a million and a half square feet of commercial space.
We are seeking a Residential Property Manager with minimum 3 years related experience.
- Managing all aspects of the operation of a portfolio of multi-residential properties;
- Overseeing staff to ensure properties are well maintained and ensuring all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Working with staff to ensure vacant apartments are leased, according to leasing procedures;
- Assisting in the development of budgets and completing financial reporting;
- Providing support to and supervising staff associated with the portfolio including conducting annual performance reviews.
- Vendor contract negotiation and scheduling
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and contribute to a rapidly growing organization;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Mechanical building systems (HVAC, heating, sprinklers, etc)
- Familiarity with building envelopes (roofs, windows, concrete and brick walls, etc)
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting;
- Effective, proven leadership skills with previous supervisory experience;
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently;
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience with Yardi property management software is an asset.
Thorough knowledge of the NS Residential Tenancies Act is required, and you must be flexible and ready to immediately respond to issues that may arise outside of normal working hours.
If you are motivated to set and succeed goals, possess strong interpersonal & business communication skills with a high level of organization and attention to detail we want to meet you. We offer an excellent opportunity to grow in a progressive company that values its employees as well as full benefits and salary.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to:
Elissa Jestings – Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: (902) 429-9952
No phone calls please