Maintenance- Commercial Properties
Universal Realty Group
is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting standards of excellence in residential accommodation and commercial leasing. We are currently seeking a qualified, Facilities Maintenance Worker for our commercial properties.
The Facilities Maintenance Worker will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance and is also responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems.
Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical and/or minor electrical troubleshooting.
- Clean light fixtures and change light bulbs/tubes.
Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliance, sinks, toilets, blinds, etc.
Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Perform drywall patch and repair and painting, as required.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance.
- Liaise with contractors and external vendors, as required
Schedule and monitor all inspections as they relate to fire, insurance, alarm, equipment, etc.
- Rooftop units to be maintained (filters cleaned/washed).
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
Familiarity with the following systems required: HVAC; plumbing; fire protection and building system controls considered an asset.
Strong maintenance skills including, but not limited to: light plumbing, painting, cleaning, general repairs and maintenance.
- Previous experience in commercial property management considered an asset.
Universal Realty Group
recognizes our employees as our most important asset and values workers of all ages and backgrounds. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, as well as employer-provided medical benefits and other incentives. We are looking for new talent to join our dynamic team that is setting the standard of excellence in the property management field.
- Facilities Maintenance Manager: 1 year (preferred)
Job Types: Full-Time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Facilities Maintenance Occupations: 1 year (preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)