Property Manager- Residential
Universal Realty Group is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting standards of excellence in residential accommodation and commercial leasing. We are currently seeking a qualified, Residential Property Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of the operation of a portfolio of multi-unit properties.
- Overseeing staff to ensure properties are well maintained and ensuring all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Working with staff to ensure vacant apartments are leased, according to leasing procedures.
- Assisting in the development of budgets and completing financial reporting.
- Providing support to and supervising staff associated with the portfolio including conducting annual performance reviews.
- Vendor contract negotiation and scheduling.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a property manager of multiple residential buildings.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and contribute to a rapidly growing organization.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with mechanical building systems (HVAC, heating, sprinklers, etc).
- Familiarity with building envelopes (roofs, windows, concrete and brick walls, etc).
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Effective, proven leadership skills with previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Yardi property management software is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate :
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Property management: 5 years (required)
- Property Leasing & Management Occupation: 1 year (preferred)