Senior Construction Project Manager (P. Eng.)
We are currently looking for a full-time Construction Project Manager with experience in new, and existing, commercial construction and project management. The ideal candidate must be comfortable performing on-site and in-office tasks, managing contractors, getting quotes, budgeting etc.
You are creative, detail-orientated, and highly organized with proven success in construction project management. You are fully versed in Nova Scotia building codes, permit processes, and managing teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company building excellence in realty management, new development, and hospitality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of large commercial and residential new development, both on-site, and in corporate head office.
- Must have a thorough understanding of NS building codes, legislation etc.
- Attending all job-related meetings
- Meetings with designers
- Reviewing current building capital issues such as any leaks, HVAC issues
- Obtaining pricing for enhancements and major repairs via tenders
- Conducting contractor weekly meetings for each project
- Managing the subcontractors to ensure adherence to the project construction, schedule and the budget
- Ability to understand building codes and ensure upkeep
- obtaining quotes where required and negotiating
- Understanding of plans
- understanding of project estimating, budgets and timelines, and be able to prepare
- Minimum 5-years experience in CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT required
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- PMP designation (training and experience equivalencies will be considered)
- Well-groomed and professional in appearance and demeanor
- Reliable and flexibility are considered and asset
- Trustworthy / confidentiality
- Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Scheduling
- Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management
- Presentation Skills, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Please submit your RESUME AND COVER LETTER outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements listed above. Be sure to submit in PDF FORMAT ONLY.